Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My full Holiday VoxBox Review

After filming and re-filming my Influenster views I decided I was SICK of it, it was just TOO LONG! So I came running to my trusty new outlet for my thoughts and feelings. I hope you all find this informational and most of all a bit comical. ENJOY!

Kiss Nail Dress
This product stole the show! My first thoughts before trying this product was that I was going to hate it. They reminded me of press on nails that come right off when they get wet. I have VERY short bitten nails and thought I wouldn't even be able to use them. Not to mention the design was not my taste, it's a bit over the top. I love my $2.50 Maybelline nail polish so why would I spend $6.99 on a one time thing, even if it claims to stay on for 10 days?

Well let me tell you, I was so wrong! I went ahead and did one hand with the Nail Dress and painted the other hand a matching color. Yes, that sounds silly but I wanted to really test this thing and doing a full hand was the only way. I plan to use them again when my nails are longer to see if they are better that way. It was super easy to apply even with my short nails, though you might want a nail scissors. Because I had to cut so much off I actually ended up loving the design. I had cut off some of the over the top stuff so what I ended up with was super cute. Or maybe it just looks better on than in the box. I wash my hand a zillions times a day, with a toddler who doesn't? It's now day 4 and they still look great and I haven't had one issue with them!

I will be buying this product again. I have decided it's my new special event nail go to product. When off to a wedding I'm going to use these to look fabulous under $10 and 10mins!


Goody Quikstyle Brush
Who wasn't excited to open their box and see a brush? I was excited to try this crazy looking thing. I laughed inside cause my thick hair was going to me a true test to this sucker. And well honestly the fact that you are told to use a hairdryer WITH this products give you all you really need to know. This thing doesn't do much of anything. How much faster can your hair dry when you are already using a hair dryer? Not much, def not with thick hair. It was silly! The brush it self cut through my wet hair nicely and I actually liked it for that reason only. The TINY piece of soft grip was also a waste, it wasn't big enough or well placed. Then of course you need to leave the wet brush out to dry on a counter to get good air flow. Jeez, we have wet towels and dirty clothes to care for after a shower and now a brush? 
For $11.99 it's a fine brush but who knows how months of use on the microfiber will result in..ew! I wouldn't buy it for fear of having to pitch it sooner than I'd life. But I'm cheap :-) 


NYC Liquid Lipshine
SCORE, free makeup! Ok well not the greatest color win...nude? But who can't use a nude gloss! I'd say this is just another product that is prefect fine. Nothing to get excited about and will quickly be forgotten and be just another gloss to try. To the people on a budget it's only $2.49! Nothing really to complain about except for the weird applicator that just kind of bends around flexes way to easily. If you don't mind glitter stuck to your lips after the color and shine fads away then go for this stuff. Like I said, nothing great but nothing really bad about it either. Pick out a better color and tell me what you think! 

Quaker REal Medleys
Free food, again SCORE! Oh wait, almond peach? Couldn't it be chocolate? LOL ok so I just don't like fake looking fruit in stuff, it weird me out. Yes, I know, it's just dried but it just isn't the same when it's not done by a more USDA Organic company. For $1.79 you could have a nice healthy snack. I laugh at the 45sec heat time, more like 2 mins! Then watch out if there is a nut allergy in the room cause it's an almond explosion! Not the best flavor but over all a good product, if you like microwave meals. 

SoleSociety
First reaction.."SWEET I get to buy shoes!" After seeing the website I wasn't so happy. Ok, did I really think I was about to get a free pair of shoes...yes..but can you blame me? Something about all the shoes being the same price tells me to run away from that site. I mean how can they all be the same price? I don't think I could ever buy shoes online and after looking at them a lot I decided I just wasn't about to spend $25+ of my own money to find out. Hopefully a friend will want to try it out otherwise it will expire. Nothing worse than waiting on shipping to get a product, then having to return it, and wait some more. I don't like waiting!! hahaha I just wanted The Princes Bride the other day and this reminds me of  one scene. :-)

Montagne Jeunesse
Say what? Jeun-what? mont-huh? Well I have seen these most of my life but never bought one. Under $2? SWEET! I got the chocolate one and it smelled like you could eat it! Using it was so fun, except it hurt a lot where I had a blemish :-(. Rinsing it off just as easy but I had a lot left over even after putting it on my neck. Anyone know if you can store it? Did I say I was cheap and thrifty?
Good product, my skin felt AMAZING! Will def buy in the future!

EBOOST
This product disgusts me! 41,677% of Daily value of Vit B12? WHAT? Consult a doctor if pregnant or considering pregnancy? Nothing yummy about this product. I felt sick during and after drinking it. I gagged and later had a headache. The next day my bowels weren't happy either...ok I'm no doctor, nor can I really say why that happened. BUT I'm not sick, no fever, and it lasted for 1 hr and then I was fine all day. My thoughts are it was TOO MUCH stuff my body didn't need and needed to get rid of. $28 for 20 pouches? Your crazy! EW!

Thanks for reading! I'm done for new with these reviews so look forward to more fun stuff!

Here is my funny reaction to drinking EBOOST > http://youtu.be/9Gr8yjdt4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment